Week 17 (April 23-29): Reconnect
During my recent visit back home to the Kansas City area, I had the pleasure of catching up with two of my longest-time friends. The three of us have been pals since we were in junior high, surviving the torment of puberty and braces, torturous school bus rides, and 1980s Aqua Net-crusted hair and linebacker-width shoulder pads together.
After I returned from my trip, one of those friends sent me a text with photos of a treasure she found in her recent move. She’d unearthed a postcard I sent her in 1991.
I’d forgotten that we did lose touch for a while after high school graduation. But eventually, I tracked her down.
This week, reconnect with an old friend or other lost contact via snail mail.
- Week 1 (January 1-7): Send a Happy New Year’s note.
- Week 2 (January 8-14): Send a Thank You note.
- Week 3 (January 15-21): Send a postcard from your community.
- Week 4 (January 22-28): Mail a postcard or letter to another country.
- Week 5 (January 29-February 4): Mail a Valentine to a pal.
- Week 6 (February 5-11): Mail a minor.
- Week 7 (February 12-18): Mail an oldie.
- Week 8 (February 19-25): Write a note to a pet.
- Week 9 (February 26 – March 4): Clear out clutter.
- Week 10 (March 5-11): I see you.
- Week 11 (March 12-18): Write a letter to yourself.
- Week 12 (March 19-25): Share a memory.
- Week 13 (March 26-April 1): Make a list.
- Week 14 (April 2-8): Go home.
- Week 15 (April 9-15): Get fancy.
- Week 16 (April 16-22): Be in the now.
- Week 17 (April 23-29): Reconnect.