Week 7 (February 12 – February 18): Mail a message to a long-time friend or relative.
Last week we mailed messages to a kid in our lives, and this week we’re heading the other direction and mailing a missive to someone we’ve known for years. I was inspired to do this writing challenge as I browsed through old photos and ran across snips I’d taken from my baby book.
My dear ole Mom, Mickie, died when I was in my early 30s, and rarely does a day go by when I don’t think about calling her. But I’m left with her memories, including the notes left in my baby book. From the page above you can see that a couple of my first phrases in life were “Son of a bitch” and “you stay here!”. Clearly I would grow up to be a woman with strong leadership skills who spoke her mind.
So maybe you should drop a note to your ma or pa this week, or send out a letter to a friend you’ve known for years, an elderly aunt, a long-distance cousin, or your favorite high school teacher or local librarian.
- Week 1 (January 1-7): Send a Happy New Year’s note.
- Week 2 (January 8-14): Send a Thank You note.
- Week 3 (January 15-21): Send a postcard from your community.
- Week 4 (January 22-28): Mail a postcard or letter to another country.
- Week 5 (January 29-February 4): Mail a Valentine to a pal.
- Week 6 (February 5-11): Mail a minor
- Week 7 (February 12-18): Mail an oldie