Week 8 (February 19 – February 25): Write a note to a pet.
Ok, this one might sound weird, but stick with me a moment. This is a thing I actually do. Occasionally I send a postcard to a friend’s dog, which I assume my friend has to read because, last I checked, Zoe the dog is illiterate.
I thought about this writing challenge when I received a lovely Valentine’s card from my cat recently. The return address was my home address, but I noticed that the card was postmarked in Maryland, so Rupurrt must have had at least a little help from a human. In any case, I was delighted to get a nice note from such a good boy.
- Week 1 (January 1-7): Send a Happy New Year’s note.
- Week 2 (January 8-14): Send a Thank You note.
- Week 3 (January 15-21): Send a postcard from your community.
- Week 4 (January 22-28): Mail a postcard or letter to another country.
- Week 5 (January 29-February 4): Mail a Valentine to a pal.
- Week 6 (February 5-11): Mail a minor
- Week 7 (February 12-18): Mail an oldie
- Week 8 (February 19-25): Write a note to a pet.